ASA Starters and Alternators - General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) Data Privacy NoticeThe new Data Processing Regulation (GDPR) regulates storage and processing of personal data. Below is a summary of: what data we hold and why, how we use your data, your rights, who controls our data processes (our Data Controller), and how to contact us.
Albaston Starters and Alternators,
Florence Road Industrial Estate,
Kelly Bray, Callington
Telephone: 01579 382391
What Information we hold, and what we do with it
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the Data Controller‚Äôs possession or likely to come into such possession.
We hold basic contact details for you for the sole purpose of allowing us to contact you in relation to the products and services we offer and to allow us to inform you in the future about related information, products and services.
We retain your information for a period of 10 years in line with the lawful basis for which we hold and use your information.
Our Lawful Basis for Processing your Personal Data
Our Lawful basis for holding and processing your information is legitimate interest: i.e. our requirement to have basic contact details in order to contact you concerning the services / products we are providing to you, and to inform you of any relevant information relating to those services.
GDPR gives you the following rights:
- The right to be informed: To know how your information will be held and used (this notice).
- The right of access: To see and verify records of your personal information.
- The right to rectification: To ask us to make changes to your personal information if it is incorrect / incomplete.
- The right to erasure (also called 'the right to be forgotten'): to request us to erase any information we hold about you.
- The right to restrict processing of personal data: to request limits on how we use your personal information.
- The right to data portability: if applicable: the right to ask us to supply you with a copy of your own information, if held electronically, in an easily machine readable form, so that it can be copied into another system.
- The right to object: to be able to tell us that you don't want us to use certain parts of your information, or only to use it for certain purposes.
- Rights in relation to automated decision-making and profiling.
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner's Office: To be able to complain to the ICO if you feel your details are not correct, if they are not being used in line with your permission, or if they are being stored unnecessarily.
If you wish to contact us, please email our Data Controller using the contact details above.